…and a chicken in every pot.
Brewster Kahle wants to network San Francisco. All of it.
“Basically, what we want is the expectation that if you open your laptop or personal digital assistant (PDA) at any given place, you have access to the open Internet,” he says. And, for Kahle, a slow network isn’t going to cut it. He wants to move data at the speed of DVD video. “Search, click, see movies,” he emphasizes. “Now, we’re not quite there yet. But that’s the idea.”
Read the original article.
To create a Windows shortcut that goes directly to a folder in the folder view try this in the target field of the shortcut properties:
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /n,/e,C:\folder path
Note that in shortcuts there must be a space between”
What can I do with one of these?
- PLED (Polymer Organic Light Emitting Diode) / OLED (Organic LED) Display Module
- Ideal for LCD module or VFD replacement applications
- Industry Standard dimensions:
- 113mm x 41.4mm PCB Outline
- 79mm x 17mm Viewing Area
- 73.45mm x 11.4mm Active Area
- 5.5mm Character Height
- Very wide viewing angles — approaches 180 degrees in all directions
- 8-bit or 4-bit parallel interface
- Industry-standard HD44780 compatible controller
- Printable 1:1 Acrobat template: CFAP2002AYJCV_one_to_one.pdf
- about $25.00 each
|Serial Support Demo
|This demo highlights the new serialport support available in Whidbey. In order to actually use this application, you will need the device (available from Crystal Fontz, the small, serial displays with the keypads). But even without the device, you can look at the code to see how straightforward it is to set up communication with a serial device, using the new SerialPort class.